Quick, easy, healthy, delicious, full stop.
This is another great recipe for all of you looking for a quick fix when you come home after work and just want something easy but healthy for dinner as this dish provides you with plenty of lean protein and a solid amount of vegetables. Best thing: suuuuper easy to make, you really can’t go wrong with it + it’s really delicious! The veggies and thyme give the whole dish a Mediterranean feeling, and that a hint of white wine just adds a little something to it.
Generally speaking, you could also use other kinds of vegetables, which make this dish perfect if you have leftover veggies you need to use up. Also, if you can’t get sea bass filets, don’t worry, any firm-fleshed fish is fine.
So let’s do it! Trust me, it’s gonna good! 🙂
2 sea bass filets
2 medium sized potato
1/2 zucchini, cut into sticks
1/2 orange bell pepper, cut into stripes (red or yellow is fine, too)
1 small red onion, peeled and quartered
a splash of white wine
a handful pitted black olives
a few springs of thyme, leaves picked
olive oil extra vergine
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C / 390°F.
2. Quarter the potatoes, place in a pot with salted water and boil for about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and leave to cool for a few minutes.
3. In the mean time, wash the fish filets under cold water and pat dry with some kitchen towel. Season with lemon zest, salt, pepper, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
4. Place zucchini, bell peppers, potatoes and onion in a bowl and add salt, pepper, thyme and a good lug of olive oil and mix well.
5. Cut off two large pieces of baking parchment, split the veggies evenly and place them in the middle of the baking paper, next put the sea bass file across the veggies and top with a lemon slice and some thyme springs. Last but not least, add a generous splash of white wine.
6. Grab the corners of the first baking paper and fold them up, grip the paper around the corners tightly and firmly tie into a bow with a string. Repeat with the second baking parchment. You should end up with two nice looking bags (as in the picture above).
7. Place on the middle rack of your oven an bake for 20 minutes.
Voilà 🙂 Just be careful when you open the bag as a lot of hot steam will emerge. Enjoy!