Super chocolaty rum truffles with a hint of fruit for Christmas
These rum truffles are amazing for the time right before Christmas and are super easy to make. What I love about them is that they are super chocolaty, but also have an amazing fruitiness from the apricot jam. It’s great, because it gives the truffles you way more complexity. Just try it out – you’ll love it! 🙂
For 60 rum truffles
150g 70% cocoa or more chocolate
100g ground hazelnuts
75g apricot jam
4cl brown rum
1 splash of lemon juice
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Break the chocolate solids into pieces and melt in a water bath.
2. In a bowl, mix hazelnuts with apricot jam, rum and lemon juice.
3. Add the chocolate and combine until everything has integrated. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for a few hours.
4. Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, remove from the fridge. Place the cocoa powder on a small plate. With a teaspoon, cut out pieces of your chocolate mixture and roll in the palms of your hand. Then toss in the cocoa powder until everything is covered.
5. Place on a tray and leave to set for a few hours.
Voilà, that’s it! 🙂 Enjoy!